Misused Christianese (Day 103)

I have an issue with pop groups trying to be sexy and then using Christianese. It may be me being a hypocrite, but it is something that seriously does annoy me.

I have two examples. One is NSYNC's Christmas album and the other is TVXQ's song One Last Cry.

NSYNC. NSYNC is American and therefore anything Christianese will improve their saleability. My biggest issue with the album is the focus on Santa (and love) with the vaguely Christianese statements thrown in (vaguely Christianese statements with messed up theology). For me at Christmas there are two things that don't mix, Santa and Jesus, because only one can be the reason for the season. Therefore, a song about the meaning of the season should not mention Santa...and romance...and God as the reason for the season. Pick one. You can't have all three.

TVXQ. Their song One Last Cry has these lyrics. "A dame and shit and drunk, you came to get it onnnnnn. That's when it all got started (I mean) Back then I wasn't so cold hearted. With every stanza came an extravaganza. For every question he got one less answer. I was tryin' to but the futuro take. Now I Lay me down to sleep (And I) I pray the Lord my soul to keep (If I) If I should die before I wake (Then I) I pray the, let's get on our knee's. Now I Lay me down to sleep (And I) I pray the Lord my soul to keep (If I) If I should die before I wake (Then I) I pray the Lord my soul to take (Follow Me) Now I Lay me down to sleep..." You get the picture. My question is what is this song trying to say? How is it connecting drunken hotel sex to a well known prayer? And why?

For both, it's like they are saying two (or three) different things in one song and trying to connect them because they sound cool, and that's not cool.