How To: Chai (Day 140)

As a born tea drinker, there is near nothing quite so comforting and comfortable as drinking a warm beverage while reading in bed. Or maybe warm beverages are just very nice to drink. One of my favourite is chai, because it is sweet and creamy. Here is my highly adjustable recipe.

2 cups (500 mL) water
2 cups (500 mL) milk
2 chai tea bags
1/4 cup (65 mL) sugar.

The Steps:
1) Mix ingredients in small pot.
2) Warm on high or medium heat.
3) Stir mixture
4) Turn down to simmer for 30 minutes
5) Stir mixture
6) Drink

I leave the tea bags in the chai until I or someone else have drank all the liquid. For bigger recipes, just make it about half water and half milk and add sugar to taste. Add more than you would to a normal cup of tea. That's about all I can say. It's like most cooking. Just make it up and repeat what works out.