Brussel Sprouts, I found you!


Oh my little darlings! Finally we are together!

Yes. I love brussel sprouts. They are one of my favorite veggies...right up there with broccoli, asparagus, eggplant (aubergine), and spinach. They taste similar to cabbage...some say a little milder, while others say more intense in flavor, but to me they just plain taste better. They are also more densely packed. I'd much rather have these babies than cabbage any day. Unfortunately, I hardly ever come across them here. That's why I grabbed the little ones as soon as I laid eyes on them...cost be damned. I wonder if there are any local farmers who cultivate them here...

Another reason I love them is their unapologetic cuteness. How can you not be taken in by these little green mini-me "cabbagettes"? And who really in the veggie family can claim to be "cute" (ok, fine, barring all other mini-me veggies)?

To prepare, I just steamed them and then tossed them in a little butter and salt. Yum! I was reluctant to share my stash but, to my surprise (!), no one in my family fought me for the delicious sprouts. Have they lost their minds?! Oh well, there's no accounting for taste I suppose...and more for me in the end!