Breakfast #60: Baked Egg in Avocado

title
Hi All!  How has your week been?  Good I hope.  And, if it’s not going exactly as you wished, less than stellar so to speak, well come sit by me and let me practice my amateur gin tonic mixing on you.  I’m getting pretty good, if I do say so myself, but I need guinea pigs. 

Things are going as usual over in my corner of this dusty, but loveable, city.  Work, work, and more work.  If there really is no rest for the wicked then I must be a whole troop of witches’ worth of it!  Fortunately, I have a husband who knows the value of a homemade decaf latte to someone working the night shift, who makes a mean sinigang (that type that actually makes you wish for ominous weather), and, most importantly, who knows what it means to be a team player.  Go team!

But, anyway.  Enough of work.  The weekend is upon us and it's time to boogie!  If you had an absolute brilliant week, then I salute you.  If not, then here are some things that made me smile…perhaps they’ll work for you as well.  If not, there’s an empty space on my sofa for a potential gin tonic tester ;)

**  This is calling my name.  I can feel the sea breeze already.

**  Another blogger based out of the Philippines (for the moment).  I love reading Lindsay’s perspective of life on the islands…as well the delicious dishes she posts. 

**  I am SO making some version of this soon soon soon.  

**  This hit home.  Enjoy life’s strawberries! 

**  A surprise giftof luscious possibilities...

**  My little one will be moving out of her crib soon and this is where she will soon be resting her “big girl” bottom :) 

**  It’s high time I make my own ketchup.

**  Do I need another pot?  If it looks like this I do.  

**  Pure genius

**  Did I ever mention that gold is one of my favorite colors?  This is going into my dream home office.  

I won’t leave you without a little recipe though.  I say “little” because this is not much of a recipe.  It does, however, make for a fortifying, and reaching towards virtuous, breakfast.  First, I saw this on theKitchen, and then my organic veggie farmer had avocados in my basket.  I decided not to stand in the way of fate.
This is all you need to do:
- Cut an avocado in half.  Discard the seed and keep the other half (I mash the extra half with milk and sugar and later have it for dessert).
- Crack a medium egg in a bowl and compare the egg volume to the hole in the avocado that the seed has left.  You may need to hollow it out some more.  Or you could use less of the egg whites, which is what I did.
- Put whatever you want on top of the egg.  I sprinkled salt over the yolk, topped the whole thing with grated cheddar, dusted the cheese with cumin, and cracked black pepper over the lot.
- Place the avocado on a parchment lined pan (I wasn’t picky…I used an old cake tin) and into a pre-heated 200C oven.  Bake until the eggs are done to your liking.

I hope you enjoy these links as much as my first batch.  These will definitely make a regular appearance here.  So shake those work-week doldrums off and have a wonderful weekend!