A Winner...and Another Breakfast


I hope you all had a wonderful Fathers Day weekend...especially the men of the hour, those stalwart fellows we call papa whose broad shoulders and strong arms keep the monsters at bay and whose wild tales water our imaginations.  It was a full weekend for us.  Not of the jetting off to some fantastic locale full, but that of the Saturday night sleepover with the little one type full.  Delicious in its own way, particularly if you, like me, have a weakness for little feeties first thing in the morning.

So, as much as I wanted to post the winner for my Frugally Delicious giveaway over the weekend, that just had to wait.  And now with the load of Monday's work spilling out and sneaking into every nook and cranny I have only just enough time to announce the winner, as I don't want to keep you waiting any longer.  Without further delay, the winner of one copy of the Frugally Delicious cookbook is...Eileen of Ham Pie Sandwiches!

If you want to know more about the cookbook, or perhaps even purchase your own copy, you can check here.  I am so thrilled to be a part of it, to have my recipe in an actual book, and to be among a great group of contributors.

This will be a short post, due to aforementioned busy-ness, but I promise you that I will have a recipe for you very soon...and it is an absolute keeper (get children of all ages to do your bidding type keeper)!  Meanwhile, I hope I can tide you over with another breakfast.  This one is for the rainy season that is upon us over here: warm oatmeal (old fashioned if you please) + chunks of apple + pitted cherries + walnuts + wheatgerm + brown sugar.  What better to start a Monday with?

The photo above is care of Instagram and if you'd like to see what other random bits and breakfasts I share, feel free to follow me at @chichajo :)

Congratulations Eileen!  I hope you enjoy the cookbook!