Haunted House, books and letters

Of late I have rediscovered one of my favourite tv series: El Internado.

In a nutshell, its about an ex-orphanage Spanish boarding school . Add a few cheeky wolves, mutants, killer viruses and fitties and well, there you have television oro.

On an internado inspired walk with Victor, we spotted a haunted house and felt it needed investigating.


Porto is full of beautiful, spooky ruins. Fact.


Some photogenic brambles.


Our Dora the Explorer-esque dreams were shattered upon finding some sketchy druggies and a charming yet most probably, rabid dog.

A website for book lovers ! Livros gratis em português. Download books in Portuguese.

Obrigada Paulo for the recommendation.




My favourite page these days.


go explore the letters uploaded on this blog. A virtual treasure chest of correspondence from politicians, stars, comedians, authors, and every day fascinating people.

I wanted to past a good selection of letters and yet, found myself enchanted by these two simple fan letters from Iggy Pop and Tom Waits. Whilst neither a great Pop or Waits fan, these gems of wisdom and encouragement were simply too good not to post.

Read, read, read. Be inspired.


dear laurence,

thankyou for your gorgeous and charming letter, you brighten up my dim life. i read the whole fucking thing, dear. of course, i'd love to see you in your black dress and your white socks too. but most of all i want to see you take a deep breath and do whatever you must to survive and find something to be that you can love. you're obviously a bright fucking chick, w/ a big heart too and i want to wish you a (belated) HAPPY HAPPY 21st b'day and happy spirit. i was very miserable and fighting hard on my 21st b'day, too. people booed me on the stage, and i was staying in someone else's house and i was scared. it's been a long road since then, but pressure never ends in this life. 'perforation problems' by the way means to me also the holes that will always exist in any story we try to make of our lives. so hang on, my love, and grow big and strong and take your hits and keep going.

all my love to a really beautiful girl. that's you laurence.

iggy pop

Jun 6, 2006

Colin,

You're from Palestine? How did you find the time to write....given all the trouble you are having with Israel? Good to hear from you, your sister has good taste, so do you. Allow me to formally encourage to write things down, so when you make it you can say, and I can say, I was in your corner all along. Thanks for all your kind words, always good to hear from the younger generation telling me I have value and relevance. Stay at it Colin. Lots of great people come from Illinois because it's so flat you have to dream up everything, that's what my wife says....she's from there, & lots of Presidents are from Illinois. OK Colin go out there and take the world by the tail, pull it down, wrap it around and put it in your pocket.

Warmly,
(Signed, 'Tom Waits')