Ultima semana de Julio

Today we visited a Medieval town called Santillana del Mar. Its streets were pebbled and its walls dressed in tacky tourist t-shirts. Just before this photo was taken Alicia screamed 'lets do a Marina'. Which basically meant ' be small and grin!'. Doing a Marina, can also mean 'Scribble on nearby furniture' ,or, 'Sing the word Chorizo to the tune of Bad Romance'.
My favourite Marina quote of the week:
Yo: Dormiste bien Marina?
Marina: Como un enano- TUMBAO!
Me: Did you sleep well Marina?
Marina: Like a dwarf- CONKED!
Flowers are always photogenic.
A nice casa.

On friday evening I went on an unsuccessful search for a Jazz festival. Although my evening lacked beep bop, I did however, find some other curious and and beautiful things...

1# A statue of a poet reading a catalogue about home appliances.
2# Some clocks that took my fancy.

3# Ambling away from the Sardinero I heard the booming vocals of David Bisbal. I'm not sure if your familiar with his voice, but let me tell you, its EPIC. Following the words, 'Mucha gente' 'En el Pueblo' (or something like that), I found myself turning onto a narrow street and face to face with a boat full of people with whipped cream faces. They saw me, saw my camara, and then pursued to throw boiled sweets at my head.
I snapped and ran.
Lesson learnt: Don't listen to David Bisbal.

Malinao is the nearest town to where I live. It is full of highrise flats and lies at the edge of river which is so toxic I wouldn't be suprised if it were home to mutant rats and toads.
That said, I think its a really cool place, and its always full of kids dancing in the squares or teens drinking don simon in la calle. This is my favourite block of flats in Maliano, in the bottom right there is a typical Spanish flag with a toro. El Nice-o.

If you're feeling brave...