Cosas and stuff

Over the past three weeks I've tried to sit down, write a little, select and edit my favourite bits of Leon so far. Its never been entirely successful. Now however, sitting in the sun, drinking orange fanta and listening to the Shakira's 'I'm a gypsy' (I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me) I think it might just come together... so Leon, what a city, a charming mix of gangs of old people, ridiculously stylish children (5 year old boys in chinos and sweaters casually draped over their shoulders and little girls in long bobbled socks and ribbons), a handful of mullets, wannabe gangsters and a myriad of hot barmen. Leon is a great place and you should visit it.
Some lovely, if mildy stereotypical Spanish things....
Free food and Flamenco dancers outside the Bank.

Some cheeky cathedrals for your enjoyment.

These two pictures are Valladolid Cathedral. This is a faily unusual one as it seems a little out of the way and in the backgroud you can see huge, grey council estates. I felt these made quite nice ,gritty contrast. I have been studying history of art recently and so should be able to describe the style and materials used here. Unfortunatley however I don't have a clue; it had large bricks.



Home sweet Leon. By far the prettiest.

Oviedo Cathedral with ant sized Nicki and Chloe. We love Oviedo.


Here's algo we made earlier. Kerstin and I spent last Sunday afternoon taking part in a plastecine workshop. We found ourselves surround by children and old people (standard).



Fellow artists. I only just realised the girl with red hair is looking straight at the camera- somehow I think, that look really makes the photograph. It reminds me of those french paintings of people in cafes (again, some truly amazing art referencing!).


Photo taken by the smokey old guy who tried to make us buy an oil painting of a cow. No gracias.



... Real life Spain, far away from the tapas and ole ole-ing of flamenco dancers, is my little Spanish world. One which consists of microwaved coffee, dubbed Disney channel (los magos de Waverly place- como mola!!), and a ferret called Newton, a slinky bandet with a passion for climbing up sleeves.

Zappato en your face!


Alright son.


...and there is so much more. I'm unsure about where to end this now, as so many stange and marvelous memories keep flying in and out of my head, getting caught in my hair and not quite making it onto paper (or this blog). I'll try and be a bit more constistent with the blogging from now on. Untill then=Hasta luego.


A final image. Imagine you have run. Ughh. Pain. No, no, no. Well, I ran the day before this was taken and consequently was in a lot of pain throughout this trek. I was also hungry, so all in all a bad combination. Just before Kerstin and I climbed into this tree, she turned to me and said 'Don't worry jess, I have cashew nuts and pain killers!'. The perfect picnic for a perfect day.