Salmon and Salsa Verde Pasta

title
Remember this salsa verde? Don’t worry, I’m not about to drag it out of archives and repeat it all over here. Well, not totally anyhow. I do believe though that it is worth the second mention. I’ve found it can brighten up many a plain dish, do wonders in a tuna sandwich, and has become my go-to condiment for salmon.

I love salmon and its distinct flavour, rich meat, and cheerful color. C enjoys it too, although not as much as I do...and he is not exactly a fan of it baked with dill and mayonnaise as I am. He isn’t too keen on creamy sauces either...another thing I like with salmon. This bright, tangy, and extremely flavourful salsa verde was just the ticket then. Its sharp, herbaceous personality keeps the salmon’s strong flavour and fatty-ness in line beautifully. I imagine it will go well with many other kinds of fish too. You can find the recipe for the salsa verde here.

But this post is not exactly about the salsa verde, though in and of itself it is quite wonderful. This post is about the leftovers (if any) you might have after a meal of salmon with salsa verde. As I’ve mentioned a couple of times before, I am doing what I can to avoid food waste. That includes making short work of leftovers and giving them a new lease on life.

Salmon and Salsa Verde Pasta
  • 150 grams cooked pasta noodles (or your typical one serving measure, uncooked)
  • 100 grams cooked salmon, flaked (or equivalent uncooked, )
  • 2-3 tablespoons salsa verde

- Heat pasta and salmon if using leftovers. Alternately, if not using leftovers, cook noodles as per package directions, and cook salmon by either by pan-frying, roasting, or steaming (rub with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper first) then flake.
- While salmon and pasta are hot, toss with salsa verde. Taste and see if you need to add more salsa verde. I’ve just given an approximate here but amounts will vary depending on the salsa verde you are using.
- Top with grated parmesan if desired. Serves one.

You will have to judge just how much salsa verde you want in your pasta so please use your taste as a guide and put more or less as you see fit. When we have salmon with salsa verde for dinner, and it is not totally devoured, this makes an appearance for my lunch the next day. It’s a light pasta dish that doesn’t scrimp on taste, is easy to throw together (since the salmon and salsa verde are already prepared), and makes use of leftovers! Good taste, no waste ;)