Mushrooms in Cream

title
This is called “My bosses are in town and I have 2 big meetings this week to prepare for so I need something fast but delicious and comforting to eat at my desk and by the way I’ll be buried in work all week so see you next week Mushrooms in Cream”.

I know I said I never give dishes fancy names but I thought I’d make an exception here as I don’t have the luxury of a long post to do the talking.

I apologize for the hodgepodge, throw-together manner with which I’m sharing this recipe...but I am in the middle of a workstorm, and besides, that’s how this meal came together...and it really is good enough to share. Especially if you find nice portobellos in the market. I imagine it would be even better with chanterelles or morels but the chances of me finding those two forest beauties over here are slim to none (I have only seen fresh chanterelles here once).

Here's what to do: Sautee 2 cloves of minced garlic and some thyme in some olive oil. Add 2 portobello mushrooms that have been sliced or roughly chopped into big chunks (or use whatever type mushoom you have available, enough to make one serving). Sautee until mushrooms are cooked and the liquid has all evaporated. Add some generous glugs of cream, season with salt and pepper, and toss until cream starts turning nutty brown. Scrape everything onto a plate, grab a fork, and get back to work!

You can have this on its own, as a side dish, tossed with pasta noodles, or folded in an omelette. Or, as I like it, piled on toast :)

Being buried in your work may sound like a less-than-ideal situation (unless you are her) but that does not have to be the case! If you take the right provisions down there with you, things will not seem as daunting :)

Have a fantastic and productive work-week! I'll be "back" next week!