I think, therefore I blog

Do you have those days when you wish you could just stay under the covers and disappear for a bit? Preferably with your secret chocolate stash? Days when there is no time to cook. Sometimes even no time to eat. You know what helps?

Getting good news!

I am thrilled and oh-so-flattered that I have been nominated for the Thinking Blogger Award by Veron of Veronica’s Test Kitchen. More so because she is a blogger I much admire, whose culinary adventures I love to read! If you go through her detailed notes there is no way you can flub a recipe.

Now it’s my turn to nominate 5 bloggers that make me think. Here they are in no order whatsoever:

Mae of Rice and NoodlesOk, Veron I know you nominated her, but I want to as well! :) I have been a big fan of Mae’s ever since I stumbled across her blog. The photography and food styling always inspire me. Her recipes never fail to attract me, and the ones I’ve tried have not disappointed. It was her recipe that pushed me to try my hand at that ubiquitous Filipino dish -- adobo. To think I’m the one here, and she’s all the way in the UK!

Christine of Ramblings from a Gypsy Soul – Christine has been a great, close friend for years! So what does a blog of someone I already know so well make me think of? More then I could have ever known. Through Christine’s blog, I see so many more brilliant facets of an already sparkling personality. Her entertaining and honest travelogues make me long to jump on a plane (with her in tow!)!

Angelika of The Flying Apple – From the very first post I read, I knew we shared the same views on life and its joys. With her enchanting stories and buoyant attitude, Angelika has always pointed me to the sunnier side of the street. There isn’t a crummy day that a visit to Angelika’s cannot cure for me. It’s wonderful to know that some of us still believe in “magic” :)

Marketman of Market Manila – Not only was his one of the first blogs I ever read, but he is responsible for pushing me to discover my local markets, instructing me on local produce, and cluing me in on local provedores. His in-depth posts on the origin of certain Filipino dishes always get me thinking…and craving!

Pille of Nami Nami – I enjoy all Pille’s posts, but my favorites are always the ones that have to do with her home – Estonia – whether it be an Estonian dish or her stories of mushroom and berry picking (ok, Pille, I know you are probably a wee bit tired of hearing me go on about your mushroom stories, sorry! I only wish I was there!). I have actually been to Estonia once and Pille has got me seriously thinking about returning.

To the above-mentioned bloggers, thank you for making me think! If you’d like to pass on the honor (which would of course be great!) please post the five bloggers that make you think. If you were already nominated, then I heartily second it! :)