Boracay Bounty


Presents! Yey! My boyfriend C just returned from a business trip in Boracay (lucky duck!), one of my favorite beaches in the country, and brought back some yummy goodies...I love yummy-goodies-as-presents :-)

The bounty: Calamansi (calamondin) muffins and brownies from Real Coffee! Hooray!

Real coffee is an adorable cafe on the island that serves up great coffee (natch), sandwiches, breakfast goodies (yes!), and all sorts of yummies. But their bestsellers are their calamansi muffins and brownies, which have a cult following and for which people line up in their bikinis and sarongs to place their order for boxes to bring home...which is likely what my C did (not in a bikini and sarong I hope!). I like to sit at the bar (what is it with me and bars?) so I'm thisclose to all the cooking and baking action going on behind the counter, and I can immerse myself in all the lovely smells...sigh.


Anyhoo, I plunked myself down and promptly enjoyed one each (!)...and the rest were saved for future breakfasts.

The brownies are huge and challenge your mouth's ability to stretch wiiide open to get bite after delicious bite. Its very dense and rich and oh-so-chocolatey...packs a punch I tell you! If you stick in in the fridge it takes on an almost fudge-like quality.

The calamansi muffins are my favorite though...rich, moist, butter-y, with a hint of the citrus-y calamansi taste. It was the perfect ray of sunshine to bring back from Boracay to a city girl suffering from the rainy season blues...

Real Coffee
Near Boat Station One
(by Island Souvenir)
Boracay
Philippines
Tel: 036 2885340